Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Pulse

Once, someone I would come to care a great deal about asked me if I understood Japanese music. I don't remember what I replied. Maybe it's not all that important.

I just spent a significant amount of time cleaning out my closet. This is one of the most exciting things to happen to me recently. Never mind the returning to Sweden, the thesis-writing, and the at times quite disgusting kitchen in the dorm I shall inhabit for another month or so, before I finally (or should that be hopefully?) graduate university. No, it's the closet, it's definitely the closet.

See, it was kinda full. So going through it in all its massiveness, I realised something. Being a self-proclaimed "Jeans-kille" (feel free to make up a meaning if you don't understand the Swedish bit), you can probably tell a lot about me over the past four years or so by the jeans lying in at the very bottom of the pile. Feelings of "wow, I can still get them on!" soon morphed into "wow, I actually wore those!? Regularly? Not to mention willingly?" But yeah, it was a fun five minutes.

Other things that have happened since coming back here include seing a shopping cart turned upside down, and put on the green, uhm garbage-disposal-pipe-thing outside my current domicile. Felt very artisitc.


Also, I was asked to take my clothes off. By a doctor, quite obviously. You see, and this is where the real point of this entry starts to become clear, I got a job. At IKEA. In Japan. Five years, starting in February next year. It's a pretty long time for someone who gets bored if there's 30 seconds of commercials on TV, but there you have it. I shall live there, I shall work there. I shall hopefully even enjoy it there, if I'm lucky. According to the old Swedish saying, "He who lives, shall see".

Anyway, that doctor. He was a pretty funny guy. In order to get the contract sent to me, the last stage is a medical examination. And a dental one, don't get me started. I'm working for a company selling furniture, not going to space here, people. But yeah. So I went and had all types of examinations known to man. I not only found out that I'd grown some .5cm at the tender age of 25, making me a hair over 6'3" (See what I did there, mixing the metric with the not-so-metric? Sit back and watch the universe explode, that's all I have to say), I also had my heart-rate checked. In various places. Such as the tops of both my feet. That was the first time that pretty experienced doctor had been asked to do that, and he did it laughing all the way at the anality (yup, that too is a word) of the form I'd been asked to get filled in.

...

I should really be doing something furthering my goals of graduating and job-starting instead of writing more stuff here right now. So yeah, I'll go and have a shower.

7 comments:

Per said...

Stort grattis till jobbet. När du ändå har ångan uppe så kan du väl passa på att skriva färdigt mitt ex-jobb också. Det vore fint om det var färdigt i slutet av januari.

Martinsson said...

Jag har för övrigt också ett ex-jobb som ska färdidställas... Du kan få japansk kompisränta på insatta pengar som tack, typ 0,0001% eller så...

Kumadude said...

Tackar och bockar för grattis och placeringserbjudande. Men ska jag alltså uppfatta detta som att ingen av herrarna faktiskt vill ta examen?

Anonymous said...

ehum ehum! Koncentrera dig pa ditt eget exjobb nu va! =) Sjalv njuter jag av de sista timmarna i Malaga =)

Peter said...

det har kommit till min kännedom att du skriver exjobb åt folk om man ber snällt. skulle du kunna tänka dig att skriva mitt? jag har inte börjat än.

annars: mad c0ngratZ till jobbet. heeelt sjukt, jag svär. fem år! du kommer aldrig att komma därifrån. om det är något dåligt, jag vet inte. men jag minns att japsen inte har fem veckors lagstadgad semester...men det kanske är något som ikea har tagit med sig. eller så är det rena semestern bara att jobba på ikea i japan!

för övrigt har jag dagligen dåligt samvete för att jag aldrig svarade på din utförliga kommentar till mitt förra blogg-inlägg.

Kumadude said...

Mr Da Pete! Jag har mycket svårt att tro att det kommer bli några problem för mig att skriva ett exjobb åt dig. Nåt om vatten, kanske? Jag gillar vatten. Jag dricker det faktiskt just nu. Det borde räcka som problembeskrivning, eller nåt.

Och: hur kan man tänka på semester när man får tillbringa vareviga dag med KLIPPAN soffa och LYCKLIG cd-ställ? För att inte tala om GOLIAT hurts?

Peter said...

Ända sedan jag kom till Sydney har jag velat åka till Ikea, men det ligger inte lämpligt ur lokaltrafikssynpunkt. I Kanada var det mer skönt att komma bort, nu saknar jag hemma och på något konstigt, marknadsföringsgenialt sätt så känns det som att det bästa sättet att hantera hemlängtan är att handla på Ikea.

"Nåt om vatten" är ungefär så långt jag kommit i min problembeskrivning, så där ligger vi lika...